During the SB-1 engineering process, one of the goals was to design the individual parts to be backwards compatible with earlier versions of the Manley Starbird and the Model 180. We reverse-engineered components using a Manley Starbird. While researching and field testing several Starbird stands with the re-engineered components, we found that there were inconsistencies along the George Starbird Model 180 line, especially in the outer diameter of the tubes. While we tried to engineer our new designs to accommodate the variances found in the field, we did find some that the variance was too great for our design tolerances. Thus, we can’t always guarantee the precision of the fit. In most cases our parts will be able to replace older broken parts.