The Triad-Orbit, Precision® AV Atmos Speaker Mount System offers many options for mounting onto walls, ceilings or Triad-Orbit® IO. This uniquely designed patent-pending speaker mounting system allows the installer to meet the critical demands of Dolby Atmos installations providing unparalleled flexibility in mounting and alignment options, saving time in installation and laser alignment. SM-1 system features multiple speaker mounting plates for different manufacturers, dual redundant locking mechanisms, and 15 degree locking positions in both tilt and pan axis. Optional mounting configurations are available to accommodate wall, ceiling, long drop ceiling, pipe and truss mounting.
SM-1 System Components
- SM-WM1 wall/ceiling mount houses the SM-SW1 swivel. The SM-SW1 slides into the SM-WM1 mount and secures by 4 hex screws. This allows the speaker to be attached to the swivel first and then sliding the assembly in the SM-WM1 mounting plate.
- SM-SW1 swivel can accommodate the various speaker mounting plates or can connect directly to speakers that have a dual hole pattern (50mm-80mm). SW-1 has spring pins in 15 degree increments as well as secondary tension locks in both tilt and pan axis.
- SM-705B and SM-708B (JBL 705p/708p speakers) have five possible mounting points to allow for optimal positioning. Refer to the provided instructions for mounting options.
- SM-FP Focal speaker plate is T shaped to allow the SM-SW1 to avoid the speaker’s I/O, switches and knobs. It has 2 slots for Focal two hole speakers that range from 30mm to 110mm. It also has 4 SM-SW1 M8 holes. This allows both vertical and horizontal orientation when attaching to the SM-SW1 swivel.
- SM-GP (Genelec) speaker plate has four (4) holes spaced 127mm X 70mm to accommodate Genelec One series speakers and (4) holes spaced 108mm X 51mm for smaller Genelec speakers. Note: Many Genelec and other speakers may connect directly to the SM-SW1 using the 50mm-80mm slotted holes.
- SM-PM1 pipe mounting plate is intended for use with standard 3/4” NTS pipe thread for long drop hanging or extending off of walls.
- SM-HMS is designed to be used with Meyer Sound HMS series speakers.
- SM-KP5, KP6, KP8 are designed to be used with Kali “Second Wave” speakers only. Please see Kali’s Mounting guide.